Todos los comunicados:
202104/05/2021 Firmware version 2.0 for the Leica SL2-S: New features and optimised video mode performance Leica Camera AG releases a firmware update for its most recent system camera, the Leica SL2-S. As a result, the camera will now offer a number of new features – as well as a noticeably improved performance, especially in the field of video recording. These enhancements, which were first announced at the camera’s market launch, are now available to every owner of a Leica SL2-S. They include a new autofocus algorithm that significantly improves focus tracking along with the camera’s eye, face, head and body detection.
- 21/04/2021 Leica Gallery Wetzlar is presenting Arrivals and Departures, an exhibition by the Danish photographer Jacob Aue Sobol The Arrivals and Departures series by Danish photographer Jacob Aue Sobol (born 1976), was produced during his trip from Moscow to Beijing, on the Trans-Siberian Railway. However, there were virtually no opportunities to take pictures along the way, and the atmosphere on the train did not live up to Sobol's expectations. Consequently, he decided to spend a couple of days respectively in Moscow, Ulaanbaatar and Beijing. He was inspired by many new impressions, and photographed landscapes, street scenes and, above all, people he met at the time.
- 21/04/2021 Ernst Leitz Museum Wetzlar is presenting The Eyes of Humanity, an exhibition of works by the US American and Magnum photographer Steve McCurry His photographs tell stories and have made history. At the intersection between reportage, portrait, travel and landscape photography, the US American Steve McCurry (born 1950) has long been considered one of the great photographers of our times. For The Eyes of Humanity exhibition at the Ernst Leitz Museum Wetzlar, the Magnum photographer has personally selected around 90 colour motifs that have special meaning for him, while also offering a wonderful overview of his rich body of work.
- 19/04/2021 Leica CALONOX Sight and CALONOX View For the first time, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a thermal camera designed especially for ethical hunting: the Leica Calonox. At market launch, the Leica Calonox will be offered in two versions: as an observation instrument – Leica Calonox View – and as a header to mount on a riflescope – Leica Calonox Sight.
- 15/04/2021 Leica and JMGO Partnered Up Elevating Home Cinematic Experience to New Heights Leica Camera and JMGO as a pioneering home cinematic entertainment brand are delighted to announce the start of a strategic partnership. With their cooperation, both companies are setting an important milestone for the future of home cinema entertainment. Together, Leica and JMGO want to take the home cinema experience into a new dimension with innovative and high-quality products.
- 31/03/2021 Chief Financial Officer Dr Thomas Riegler is leaving Leica Camera AG Leica Camera AG would like to announce the following change in the company’s management level staff. Dr Thomas Riegler, member of the Board since 2020 and responsible for Finance, Controlling, Legal & Compliance, IT, Human Resources, Indirect Purchasing and Facility Management, will leave the company at his own request on 31 March.
- 11/03/2021 Leica D-Lux 7 Street Kit: The perfect choice for spontaneous street photography The black-finish variant of the Leica D-Lux 7 is now also available as part of a Street Kit, whereby the compact allrounder is complemented by a hand grip, additional black paracord camera strap by COOPH, and a spare battery. The light-weight set is an ideal choice for travel and street photography alike. For ultimate spontaneity and convenience, the lens is protected by an auto lens cap with an ingenious opening mechanism – which means that the photographer no longer has to remove the lens cover prior to shooting.
- 04/03/2021 Maximum performance in a compact construction: the APO-Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH. sets new benchmarks With the APO-Summicron-M 35 f/2 ASPH., Leica Camera releases yet another M-lens whose optical performance can hardly be bettered. As with the successful APO-Summicron-M 50 f/2 ASPH., the designers were given just one brief: to achieve maximum imaging performance without compromise – the only difference being that this time, the lens in question has a moderate wide-angle focal length of 35 mm.
- 02/03/2021 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2021: The selection process has just begun and involves around 100 nominators Last year, the Leica Oskar Barnack Award celebrated its 40th anniversary. The comprehensive jubilee exhibition, which was opened at the Leitz Museum on the occasion of the 2020 LOBA award ceremony, remains on display until March 28, 2021. Even so, preparations for the next edition of LOBA are already underway. As was the case last year, international photography experts have been invited to submit their nomination proposals for LOBA 2021.
- 25/02/2021 Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams: an exclusive, special edition of the Leica Q2, with a luxury design With the limited special edition Leica Q2 Daniel Craig x Greg Williams, Leica Camera AG is presenting an exclusive edition model of the Q2. It has been created in close collaboration with award-winning actor Daniel Craig and Greg Williams, one of Britain’s most renowned photographers, acclaimed for capturing iconic Hollywood moments in his authentic style. Greg has photographed Daniel Craig’s Bond since he first stepped into the role, creating behind-the-scenes books and special shoots as well as many of the Daniel Craig film posters. Both Craig and Williams have a common passion in photography and are both avid fans of the Leica brand, making this an obvious collaboration for the pair.